Animal Models for the Study of Obesity
Creative Animodel is a leading service provider for animal studies for investigating the mechanism of obesity and novel therapeutics to treat obesity. Our scientific team has extensive experience in anti-obesity drug and treatment development. We can assist you with study design, animal model selection, experiment conduct, data analysis and report writing.
Obesity is defined as being more than 20% (in men) or 25% (in women) overweight. The World Health (WHO) estimates that 10 % of the world’s adult population was obese. Obesity is increasing rapidly throughout the developed world, and has increased from 13% to 31% in the US in the past 30 years. And the global incidence of obesity is continuing to rise worldwide. And a huge effort is being made in order to minimize the negative effects of obesity and decrease its overall prevalence throughout the world.
Our key advantages:
- • Hands-on experience with a large variety of animal metabolic models
- • General technical report (GTR) generation for IND filing
- • Excellent technical and surgical capability
- • Gold-standard methods and novel in-house techniques
- • Dedicated research platform to evaluate the therapeutic potential of your compounds
- • Customized research solutions to target your needs
Our featured animal models include, but are not limited to:
- • Non-human primates: DIO (diet-induced obesity) rhesus macaques & DIO cynomolgus macaques
- • Mouse and rat: High fat diet mouse/rat
- • DIO mouse/rat
- • Age-related obesity in mice
- • Transgenic (monogenic and polygenic) mouse/rat
- • Minipig model
Our preclinical platforms and services include, but are not limited to:
- • Feed intake measurement
- • Body weight measurement
- • Insulin levels measurement
- • Glucose tolerance testing
- • Blood glucose and blood pressure measurement
- • Analysis of serum lipoproteins
- • Magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)
- • Dual energy X-ray analysis (DEXA)
- • Contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEU)
Obesity is a globally widespread disease. The primary causes of obesity are excessive calorie intake and lack of physical activity. Obesity is also a major risk factor of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, stroke, certain cancers, osteoarthritis, gastrointestinal, reproductive disorders and pulmonary diseases. Incidence of obesity continues to climb, making it imperative that animal models sharing characteristics of human obesity and its co-morbidities be developed in the quest for novel preventions and treatments. Creative Animodel offers a complete suite of animal models and services for the evaluation of novel therapeutics. Although none of the models can completely capture the complexity of human metabolic syndrome, each model mimics certain aspects of the disease.
With Creative Animodel, you get more than a highly qualified CRO, you gain a partner, who understands and has the experience to design, validate and execute all preclinical program requirements. We are dedicated to provide our customer with the most suitable animal models of obesity to advance the development for potential therapeutics into clinical studies. We will work closely with you on every step for obtaining meaningful and suggesting data from animal model studies for obesity.