Creative Animodel has generated a series of models especially mouse models of leukemia via different approaches to glean important insights of understanding and treatment of these cancer. These leukemia models provide powerful tools to investigate the factors involved in malignant transformation, invasion and metastasis, as well as to examine response to therapy.
Animal models for leukemia
● Spontaneous models
● Carcinogen-induced models
● Viral models
● Xenograft models
● Genetically engineered models
Figure 1: Generation of Xenograft models for the analysis of human leukemia
Approaches to generate leukemia models:
● Nature or artificial radiation
● Certain kinds of chemicals induction
● Viruses induction
● Genetic predispositions
The mechanisms of mouse models generation to produce leukemia:
● Expressing human oncogenes in hematopoietic progenitor cells or hematopoietic stem cells
● Inactivating tumor suppressor genes (including DNA repair genes) in hematopoietic lineages
● Combing these two methods
Our models are mainly applied for four categories of leukemia in the following:
● Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
● Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
● Chronic lymphoblastic leukemia (CLL)
● Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
Modeling acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
● Expressing human human acute myeloid leukemia-inducing gene in mice bone marrow cells utilizing retrovirus.
● Transgenic AML models expressing CBF β-SMMHC gene in mice.
● Collaborative induction with multiple oncogenes (i.e. PML-RAPα fusion oncogene, Ras oncogene).
● Acceleration of AML development with a chemical mutagen.
● Deletion of a tumor suppressor gene such as P53, RB, INK4a, ARF, APC, PTCH, SAMAD4/DPC4, PTEN, TSC1/2, NF1, WT1, MSH2, MLH1, ATM, NBS1, CHK2, BRCA1/2, FA, and VHL.
Modeling chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
● Induced by BCR-ABL oncogene.
● Induced by the fusion genes such as TEL/PDGβR, TEL/ABL, TEL/ JAK2 and H4/PDGβR.
Modeling lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
● Induced by the fusion genes such as ETV6/RUNX1 (TEL/AML1) and ETV6.
Modeling chronic lymphoblastic leukemia (CLL)
● Generation of TCL1 transgenic mice.
These mice models of leukemia induced or accelerated by fusion genes and other mutated genes are available in Creative Animodel. We have made identification and characterization of molecular components of leukemia possible by providing genetically engineering animal models in different DNA, RNA and protein level. In addition to these, we also supply custom animal models within other species to better mimic human blood cancer for the studies of disease mechanisms and the development of new therapeutic strategies.
To learn more about our offering of animals models used for the studies of other blood cancer, please click in the following:
Animal Models of Lymphoma
Animal Models of Myeloma
Animal Models of Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
Animal Models of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPN)