Point mutation refers to a type of mutation that includes nucleotide(s) substitution (inframe change), or nucleotide(s) indel (frameshift change). It will lead to the introduction of mutant gene while preserving the endogenous regulatory pattern as wild type gene. Creative Animodel can also create conditional point mutation mouse models. Thus, the expression of mutant gene can be regulated in a tissue- and age-specific manner. Genetically engineered mice with point mutations are extremely useful for elucidating gene function, which will have great potential in gene therapy and disease study.
The Workflow of Point Mutation Mouse Model
1. Point Mutation Mouse Strategy Design
* Our research scientists will work closely with you to develop the study design that meets your goals.
* The target gene/region will be fully analyzed using the newest algorithm
2. Point Mutation Mouse Vector Construction
* Synthesize the gRNA and construct donor vectors
* Prepare Cas9 mRNA for microinjection
3. Zygote Microinjection
* Inject Cas9 mRNA into C57BL6 zygotes
* Obtain F0 pups
4．Point Mutation Mouse Generation
* Genotype pups to identify point mutation founders
* Breed founders to obtain F1 mice
If you are interested in our custom services, please feel free to contact us. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday.