Carotid Artery and Jugular Vein Cannulation
Creative Animodel is a professional biotech company specializing in drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics. We provide carotid artery and jugular vein cannulation services to obtain pharmacokinetic parameters and analyze pharmacological properties for drug development. Our experienced scientists and advanced technologies enable us to deliver consistent and high-quality data with cost-efficiency.
What Is Carotid Artery and Jugular Vein Cannulation?
Why Choose Carotid Artery and Jugular Vein Cannulation?
These cannulations are very important for confirmed intravenous delivery of test substances and arterial blood collections. Cannulation reduces the stress of multiple sampling as observed in association with tail vein or orbital sinus technique. Blood sampling through the jugular catheter offers the advantage that lost volume can easily be replaced. Thus it is possible to collect sequential samples to evaluate the time course of a response or the acquisition of a larger volume for measurement of hormones at low concentrations in the circulation. Because of the high arterial blood pressure and flow, the carotid artery can be utilized for rapid blood collection.
Carotid Artery and Jugular Vein Cannulation at Creative Animodel
We use the surgical technique by implanting carotid artery and jugular vein catheters in an anesthetized rat or mouse, and then we monitor, take samples or make treatment depending on your needs. Creative Animodel provides carotid artery and jugular vein cannulation services for PK/PD Analysis. We are confident to offer clients the most reliable results based on the following advantages:
• Animal Welfare. The entire surgical process which includes personnel training, animal anesthesia, analgesia, aseptic
preparation, surgery and postoperative care is under constant review.
• Advanced facilities. The surgical suites at each site are comprised, positive-pressure barrier rooms with a series of
entry locks. Each suit features individual functional areas used for preparing surgical manipulations, and
• Multiple models available. We provide vascular catheterizations in rats, mice or other animals.
• Customization. Customized models and data analysis are offered depending on the needs of our clients.
Creative Animodel has years of experience in the field of ADME. With highly skilled animal surgeons and experts, we are capable of providing clients pharmacokinetic analysis through our carotid artery and jugular vein cannulation services. What’s more, our professional surgical team will work closely with you to establish and develop new surgical models to meet various needs about PK/PD analysis. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
1. Gaud N et al.; Single jugular vein cannulated rats may not be suitable for intravenous pharmacokinetic screening of high logP compounds, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017, 99: 272-278.
2. Karim N, Ali S S; Jugular vein cannulation in rats–a mini review, CANADIAN JOURNAL OF PURE AND APPLIED SCIENCES. 2009, 3(3): 929-935.