Membrane Transporters Assay
Creative Animodel is a professional provider of in vitro permeability and transporters assay for evaluating drug permeability across intestinal barrier and identifying substrate or inhibitor of membrane transporters. With years of experience, our scientists provide customers a number of high-quality and robust cell models to study drug permeability and potential roles of membrane transporters in drug-drug interactions.
The permeability of a drug is a key factor that determines the rate and extent of oral absorption and tissue distribution, as well as ultimately affects the drug efficacy and bioavailability. Membrane transporters located in tissues including the intestinal epithelia, the hepatocytes, and the brain capillary endothelial cells affect the drug permeability through active uptake or efflux. Therefore, identifying whether the compound interacts with membrane transporters is very important for understanding the transporter mediated drug-drug interactions in drug development process. Creative Animodel recognizes our clients’ demand for assessing the permeability of drug across cell membranes, and provides them with reliable cell models including Caco-2 and MDR1-MDCK as well as a series of transporter assays covering other representative transporters such as P-glycoprotein (P-gp), OAT1, OAT3, BCRP, BSEP, OATP1B1, OATP1B3, OCT1, and OCT2 for their researches. Both substrate assay and inhibition assay will be used for uptake transporters and efflux transporters with corresponding methods.
Fig 1. Diagram of drug permeability through intestinal barrier
• Mono- and bidirectional Caco-2 permeability assay: overall permeability assessment, an industry gold standard that allows the determination of an efflux ratio which indicates whether a compound undergoes active efflux.
• MDR1-MDCK permeability assay: identification and characterization of P-gp substrate and inhibitor
• Other transporter assays: we provide a comprehensive list of membrane transporters, including representative membrane transporters recommended by regulatory authorities (FDA and EMA) and other clinical relevant transporters for your substrate or inhibitor identification, such as P-gp, OAT1, OAT3, BCRP, BSEP, OATP1B1, OATP1B3, OCT1, and OCT2.
• High-quality and robust cell models
• Comprehensive membrane transporters
• Competitive cost
• Excellent technical support
Creative Animodel has devoted to the field of membrane transporters assay for years. Creative Animodel provides our customers with the most robust cell models and extensive expertise to facilitate your drug discovery process with the most competitive cost. With years of experience, we have serviced customers from all over the world. If you have any additional requirements or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our technical supports are pleased to solve your problems. Creative Animodel is the best partner for your drug discovery.