Creative Animodel is a leading biotech company providing a holistic approach of in vivo pharmacology. We have developed comprehensive animal models to help you understand the efficacy of the new drug entities in a wide range of therapeutic areas. Our established experience can efficiently assist the clients in potential drug candidate screening as well as proof-of-concept studies for profiling of novel reagents targeting anti-inflammatory therapies for treatment of asthma.
The Pathology of Asthma
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the airways, which is related to allergy and infections with respiratory viruses. Asthma causes recurring episodes of wheezing, chest tightness, breathlessness, and coughing. Particularly, cough caused by asthma can lead to widespread but variable airflow obstruction that is often reversible either spontaneously or with treatment. The pathology of asthma is the airway hyperresponsiveness and remodeling result from the inhalational exposures with allergy and/or respiratory viruses’ infections. In the case of allergens, allergen-specific immune responses include Th2-induced IgE production, degranulation of mast cells, cascade reaction of airway epithelial cells and vascular cells, recruitment of eosinophils and neutrophils, and finally the damage of structural lung cells.
Figure 1. Pathophysiology of asthma (Asosingh K et al., 2009)
The knowledge of the molecular mechanism underlying asthma is essential for therapy development by targeting specific components of the pathological progress. Creative Animodel provides a serious extensively used asthma models to evaluate the therapeutic effect of innovative agents and candidates. Our models include but not limited to:
• OVA induced asthma in rats and mice
• OVA induced asthma in non-human primates
• House dust mite-induced asthma in rats and mice
• House dust mite-induced asthma in non-human primates
Model Characteristics and Pharmacology Evaluation
• Migration of inflammatory cells into the lung tissue: histopathology analysis of infiltration, cell count and
classification in broncho-alveolar lavage fluid (BALF)
• Serum level of IgE: total and OVA-specific IgE
• Release of inflammatory mediators: protein and mRNA levels of IL-4, IL-5 and IL-13 in BALF and lung tissue
• Lung function test: airway hyper-responsiveness and Penh method
• Multiple asthma models that meet your needs
• State-of-art technical platform
• Comprehensive analysis with integrated data delivery
• Cost efficiency in short period
Creative Animodel provides integrated in vivo pharmacology solutions to understand your drug candidates on asthma. Our in-house scientists with deep therapeutic expertise will help you to design, validate, conduct and analyze the animal efficacy studies, which will maximize the scientific value in the drug discovery and develop process. If you need any efficacy answers of your drug, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Asosingh K, Erzurum SC. Angioplasticity in asthma. Biochem Soc Trans. 2009, 37 (Pt 4): 805-10.